Since Pinterest launched analytics and business pages over the last few months, we’ve been waiting for a more detailed advertising product announcement. Today, Pinterest made that announcement.
Promoted Pins, the new Pinterest advertising product, will start slow on the platform. Some initial details on the ads are below:
- No banners or “flashy” ads
- It will be clear which pins are promoted vs. organic
- Pins will be contextually relevant by specific user behavior
- The Promoted Pines should be similar to the items the user currently pins
- Paid ads will only appear in search results and category feeds (for now)
Looking forward to learning more about these ads and how to get our brands on the platform!
For the formal announcement and a bit more information see below: