Consumers and customers alike no longer see Twitter and Facebook as desktop websites. They consider these social networks mobile apps. Because of this user behavior and mind-set, we see Twitter and Facebook leveraging the mobile first strategy. For reference:
- Over 70% of all Facebook & Twitter activity occurred on mobile
- More than 219M users were mobile only on Facebook
- It is predicted that $4billion will be spent on Facebook advertising with 50% of the spend to occur in streams
- This means, brands are not only competing with our fans’ friends, but with many other advertisers as well
The content developed and amplified becomes even more important:
- It must break through the clutter
- Be relatable
- Leverage a “mobile first” philosophy
- Should be succinct, engaging and visual – on both Twitter and Facebook.
Although this isn't "new news" the data is still staggering and changing as we move into Fall 2013.
For more information see the Social Media Today article below: