Instagram finally announced plans to roll-out advertising to US users over the next few months.
The Ads Will:
- Focus on delivering a small number of beautiful, high-quality photos and videos from a handful of brands that are already great members of the Instagram community
- Appear in users’ feeds that do not currently follow that brand on the platform
- Give users will have the option to hide the post as well (similar to Facebook)
- As a user, you will still own your photos and videos (only brands' content can leverage paid promotions)
- Create the need for brands to develop even more beautiful, compelling custom content that feels consumer-centric
Ads here present a big opportunity for real-time marketing for brands. It will be interesting to see how the analytics tracking, and user behavior will evolve around this new initiative as well. Stay tuned!
For More Info