|Image from AdWeek|
As we approach the 2014 holiday season, mobile will continue to see an increase in usage and commerce. Previously, mobile (smartphones specifically) were thought of as the utility-based device, but now, commerce can occur just as you're watching TV or in between doing the dishes.
Smartphones and tablets will account for $1.6 billion in sales on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined, according to Adobe. Some additional stats to note are below, with the full article found here.
- Holiday shopping will lift 10% compared to last year
- 25% of US consumers surveyed will consult Social Media before purchasing gifts
- This increases to 40% of consumers aged 18-34
- There will be 5 times as many out-of-stock messages on Cyber Monday compared to usual
- Cyber Monday sales expecting to be $2.6billion, increase of 15% YoY